Sunday, November 1, 2009

Post Halloween

Well its November and near the end of this month will be a feast of a dead bird, or in our case an unlucky pig. Truth be told, they may have revenge depending on if you have to use any ant-acids.
More than just mouth watering food though, this is a time when we take inventory of the good and the bad that has happened this year, and focus on the good.
We give our thanks once a year to God in saying that yes bad things have happened to us this year and good things, but we are still here. It could be worse.
Then just before we set to carving the animal of our choice ( or animal in our budget ) we bow our heads and say thanks for this or that, like an acceptance speech for an Oscar. Well I decided, while trying to figure out what to blog about, that this month, I'm giving thanks for one thing in my life that I am thankful for. Every day for my blog.

So here it is day One:

I am thankful for my family. My wife, parents on both sides of the tree, our two cats, and siblings as well as grandparent, crazy aunts and uncles.
My family is what has made me who I am and will continue to do so for the foreseeable future.

To them I say thank you.

Now about Halloween, is it just me or are the trick or treaters getting older and less traditional?
Most are no better than common beggars! Ringing the door bell, NOT saying trick or treat just holding their bags open as if to say 'give me'.

Maybe its just the neighborhood we live in there aren't that many little kids, maybe the parents are trying to take them to more safe trick or treating places. Maybe the parents of little kids are too lazy to take them out for more than 30 min. What ever the reason, we the home owners are the ones who suffer. We get the reject teens that are just looking for candy and not really even trying to make a costume.
What do you think? Am I being to picky? Too selective? Too high expectations or is there anyone else who feels the same?

No comments:

Post a Comment