Monday, November 16, 2009

Windows 7 from a PC tech point of view

Part 1 Why I do not like it.

Windows 7 is the latest operating system from Microsoft. The only problem I have with it, is that its just Vista 2.0. If you liked Vista you will love Windows 7. If you Like Windows 7, but hated Vista, you clearly weren't shown how to use Vista very well.
From what I have seen of the Windows 7 commercials, the 'I'm a PC' elements of Windows 7 are also available in Vista. Except Homegroup, thats new to 7.

The reason I think Vista was a flop, was because it got hit by bad publicity from the 'I'm a Mac I'm a PC.' commercials. When it first came out it did indeed have some problems. Service pack one fixed those issues.

Now that those issues are fixed, rather than push out an update that would make Vista operate like Windows 7. They release a brand new operating system. Charge hundreds of dollars for it and make a profit and get people to love it!

Its insane because Windows 7 is built off of Windows Vista. Making it Vista 2.0. Windows 7 is the latest operating system from Microsoft. Chances are it won't be the last. In two or three years the next OS will come out. Probably be hated as must as vista was and then a few years later, a new OS that people love will come out.

The real reason I have a problem with Windows 7 is that I spent over $200 in books on Vista to learn as much as I could about it, so I could get certified in it. Well, when I heard 7 was coming out I stop training in it. Who wants to see Windows Vista Certified on a resume when everyone hates Vista.

Join me next time when I discuss why I like Windows 7 and recommend it, even if it means buying a new PC. (preferably through GEM Systems)

www.gem-systems.us

No comments:

Post a Comment