Friday, July 8, 2011

BOOM! Studios canceling Chip n' Dale Rescue Rangers

For those who do not know, Chip n' Dale Rescue Rangers was part of the Disney Afternoon in the late 80's early nineties. BOOM! Studio began writing Disney comics a few years ago. Since then they have had titles such as The Incredibles, Darkwing Duck and Uncle Scrooge. Following those successes they released Chip n' Dale Rescue Rangers. This was one of my favorite cartoons so when I heard they were creating a comic for it, I was very excited. I was not disappointed. The art is amazing, the story lines, though feeling a tad rushed at times, are really well written. I was looking forward to getting this fun comic every month for a few more years.
However after issue 8, the series will end. Not even a full year, and it's going to go to the waste side. One hope of mine, is that Disney realized how popular old Disney cartoons are and will be bringing them to either Marvel or Disney DigiComics. I don't think that’s the case, but there is still some hope. I, in the mean time, will continue to purchase the comic until issue 8. Until then I will be review each comic of Chip n' Dale Rescue Rangers. I must admit even if it was way too short, I would like to thank BOOM! Studios for giving the Rescue Rangers a chance and really doing them justice. I had never heard of BOOM! Studios until I discovered Chip n' Dale Rescue Rangers was going to become a comic book. I will however be buying more from them. If these 8 issues are any indication of what BOOM! Studios is all about, then they are one to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment